Pages

Friday 14 May 2021

Settings

 LI: To use powerful words to describe a setting so that it paints a clear picture in the mind of the reader

                                                                                                                                                                           


I thought it was a perfect day to take a walk along the concrete jungle, as I got closer to the park I felt very lonely and cold. It felt like I was isolated alone, it was depressing. I strolled along the friendless seats and I saw one particular seat, it looked very harsh. There was the lack of inspiration to sit on it. The lights and dead trees along the sides were stunning but it was scary, almost like the whole park was abandoned. I felt weak. I wondered if I could make it through calm and steady.
                                                                                                                                                                           

A setting is the place, time and environment of a story to help a reader make a connection to your narrative you need to use your words in away that helps them form a picture of what you are describing in their mind.
To do this we looked at an image and thought of 10 words that described and showed what we could see. Once we had thought of the adjectives or adverbs we used our smart searching skills to help us find synoymns that made our descriptions clearer.
I found this interesting I got to use my imagination use bigger words because I learnt new word and the meanings of the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment